Champagne Faucheron-Gavroy : Cuvée Brut Réserve Grand Cru
Pale gold color with a fine cord and soft effervescence.
The nose is mature and delicious on butter brioche, yellow peach in syrup and candied fruits (pineapple, apple, grape). After aeration, appreciable notes of blackcurrant and strawberry coulis reinforce the complexity of this gourmet champagne.
The palate is round and smooth with well-integrated acidity. We find the same delicacy on the palate with notes of pineapple and candied apples as well as a buttery touch with a finish on chalk and straw.
A fruity and very gourmet champagne, it easily accompanies a pan-fried foie gras or a quail stuffed with grapes.
Information sheet from the cellar master
- Varieties: 70% of Pinot Noir and 30% of Chardonnay
- Blend: 2016 with 40% of reserve wine
- Grand Cru vine plots:
- Verzy: 35% of Pinot Noir and 30% of Chardonnay
- Verzenay: 35% of Pinot Noir
- Maturation: 3 years in our vaulted cellars at 11°C (51.8°F)
- Alcohol rate: 12%
- Liqueur dosage: 3gr per 0.75l
- Available bottlings: 37.5cl, 75cl and 150cl
- Gold medal at Feminalise World Wine Competition in 2019
- Gold medal at International Challenge – Gilbert & Gaillard in 2019
- Silver medal at Feminalise World Wine Competition in 2018
- Silver medal at International Challenge – Gilbert & Gaillard in 2018